Spread the word!
Please help promote this program by downloading and distributing our promotional materials Read More ...
Please consider making a secure online donation now! Thank you for any support you can give. Read More ...
Support the journey
Want to help make a life-changing difference in the life of a young Hungarian American? Read More ...
Become a sponsor
If you too feel strongly that everyone deserves to know where they come from, please consider becoming an individual sponsor or... Read More ...
Sponsors & partners
Thank you for our supporters and partners for making the dream possible! Read More ...
Our Connected Organizations
Customized, mutually beneficial partnerships allow us and our partners to achieve common goals. Read More ...
Change a life
Our ReConnected Participants explain why your generosity for this deeply meaningful program is appreciated. Read More ...
Support the journey
Want to help make a life-changing difference in the life of a young Hungarian American?
You can, by providing the ReConnect Hungary experience as the gift for that milestone in their lives: a special birthday, high school or college graduation, or for getting that first job or promotion. ReConnect Hungary will impact your entire family and community as the participant grows in understanding and appreciation of his/her roots, where the family came from, and how culture, tradition and heritage are vital to self-discovery and a successful future.
Do you know why it's important to support ReConnect Hungary? Alex, 2016 ReConnected Participant explains:
DRUM UP SUPPORT!
Here are some additional ideas on how you can support ReConnect Hungary, and for candidates who might need some extra help in making their dream of participating in the Program a reality:
- Enroll in your company’s Matching Gifts program if it has one.
- Shop at smile.amazon.com and select Hungarian Human Rights Foundation as you charity. The Program will receive .05 percent of all eligible purchases you make.
- Plan a party for family and friends in your home or favorite venue to benefit ReConnect Hungary and/or sponsor your journey. Restaurants such as 99, Uno’s and Panera Bread make it very easy for you to organize an event and will donate a percentage to your selected non-profit.
- Ask family and friends to give you the gift of Reconnect for your birthday, graduation or other milestone.
- Many organizations set aside scholarship money annually, which often goes unused. These include: Elks, Rotary, Lions, and Kiwanis Clubs; Parent Teacher Associations, and local Hungarian churches and clubs.
- Send a letter or email to your friends, family members, business contacts or holiday lists, asking them to support the program and/or sponsor your journey. Explain your desire to participate in ReConnect. (Download this sample letter to get an idea).